Teamsters Local 671 Driver Education Program
Please call the Union Hall at 860-242-3200 Extension 30 with any questions
Members $ 65.00 per hour
Loans are now being offered to Teamster members through theNE Teamsters Federal Credit Union for classes. Call for more info.
Non-Member $ 75.00 per hour
- Payments due at each session
- Cancellation: You must call one hour before class or a penalty will be taken from your deposit
- Being on time is a must
- Must be 21 years of age
- 80 hour course (minimum
Requirements to begin training
- Acceptance in program
- Drug screening ordered by Local 671with a result that qualifies under federal guidelines (at student’s expense)
- A current training certificate from the state in which your driver’s license is issued that allows you to operate a vehicle (at student’s expense)
- Your DMV driving record (at student's expense)
- $250.00 deposit
NEW FUNDING AVAILABLE TO OBTAIN A CLASS A LICENSE
Teamsters Local 671 has partnered with Capitol Workforce Partners and is approved for funding for potential students who are unemployed or affected by Covid-19.
We recently completed our first class under this program and it was a tremendous success. All 4 students obtained their Class A licenses. We are very proud of our Driver Training Program and look forward to the opportunity to train more potential drivers for an industry that is looking for qualified individuals.
Congratulations to these students who worked very hard to achieve their goals. We wish them much success in the future.
Please contact Capitol Workforce Partners at 860-406-3374 Option 1 for more information and to see if you qualify for funding under one the programs available.