To All Members of Teamsters Local 671:
On behalf of the Local’s Staff, Field Reps, Business Agents, and myself, I want to wish everyone and their families a Happy, Safe, and Prosperous New Year.
I am pleased to report that 2022 was one of the best years in the history of our great Local.
In addition to growing our Local’s membership through organizing and the inclusion of several barns from the elimination of Local 677, our Local’s membership is the highest since our inception, which began in 1934.
A few of the other achievements that I am proud to report on are:
- Renovation of the Local’s Meeting Hall
- Clean up and refreshing of the Hall’s landscaping and building
- The modernization of the indoor and outdoor lighting systems. This transformation will make the Union Hall safer and save us hundreds of dollars per month in utility bills
- Adding two (2) Field Reps to our elected Business Agent staff. The addition of Jen Morrone and Nick Frangiamore will ensure the proper representation of ALL our members, which in my opinion was lacking over the last several years.
- Stabilizing the 671A Health Fund by adding new members to the Fund and by selling the old 559 Union Hall which was a tremendous financial drain on the Fund’s resources.
- Increasing Health benefits for members and Retirees that participate in the Local’s 671 Health Fund. This was the first benefit improvement for our members and Retirees in almost ten (10) years.
- Negotiating some of the best contracts for our members at facilities such as Peter Pan Bus, SPC Parking, TLC Oil, First Student Somers, and the Statewide Construction Agreement.
More importantly, ALL of this has been achieved while enhancing the financial condition of our Local and placing it in its greatest financial condition and stability in its history.
None of this could have been accomplished without the help and continued support of OUR MEMBERS and RETIREES.
2023 will be a challenging year with the potential of a UPS strike, multiple contract negotiations, and dealing with anti-union laws and companies, to name a few.
None of these challenges are too big to face and all will be dealt with head-on. As General President Sean O’ Brien often reminds us of when dealing with our employers- “PUT YOUR HELMETS ON AND BUCKLE YOUR CHIN STRAPS-THIS IS A FULL CONTACT SPORT. BRING IT ON.
Thank you for your continued support.
Secretary-Treasurer & Principal Officer
Teamsters Local 671